Liddell and Scott

ToddPeperkorn

I am looking (still) to improve my greek dictionaries. As I was going through the list, I notice that L&S is included in the Scholar's Core Bundle. I have this bundle, but it doesn't come up when I do searches. How can I find out for sure I'm supposed to have this resource?

P

I am looking (still) to improve my greek dictionaries. As I was going through the list, I notice that L&S is included in the Scholar's Core Bundle. I have this bundle, but it doesn't come up when I do searches. How can I find out for sure I'm supposed to have this resource?

P

You may be confusing what is 'included' with the Core Bundle, and what is 'unlockable', which is listed under a different heading further down the page. LSJ is not included in the Core Bundle.

I would recommend it, but prior to that I would recommend BDAG. Spicq, is an excellent resource as well.

You may be confusing what is 'included' with the Core Bundle, and what is 'unlockable', which is listed under a different heading further down the page. LSJ is not included in the Core Bundle.

I would recommend it, but prior to that I would recommend BDAG. Spicq, is an excellent resource as well.

Yeah, I figured that out shortly after posting my query.

I have the print version of BAGD, but not BDAG. Why would it be good for me to spend $150 on BDAG vs. $60 for L & S?

Todd

Yeah, I figured that out shortly after posting my query.

I have the print version of BAGD, but not BDAG. Why would it be good for me to spend $150 on BDAG vs. $60 for L & S?

Todd

LSJ is no doubt a valuable resource, but if you concentrate on NT studies, BDAG is the way to go. There have been many updates to the newer version as compared to your BAGD, and to have it in Acc. is all the better. If you're wanting to spend a little less money, and BAGD works for you, then possibly consider NIDNTT.

Please note that we currently haven the Intermediate Liddell and Scott, not the full LSJ.

Archived