Grudem's Systematic Theology

jwritebol

I know that this was requested a long time ago, and I am sure there are certain issues in getting it into Accordance with the publisher, however I was curious if anyone knew where I could get an electronic version for the Mac so I can at least use a digital copy of it for now. Thanks.

Jeremy

http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US/Product/ProductDetail.htm?ProdID=com.zondervan.9780310262527&QueryStringSite=Zondervan

It says that it's available as an e-book for Acrobat Reader, among other formats, which I would recommend as the most Mac-friendly solution.

http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US/Buy/Buy.htm?ProdID=com.zondervan.9780310244752

gives links to purchase from three outlets.

The first two links don't work but the third takes you to here:

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=6867

There are other possibilities as well but I have deliberately refrained from referring you to other Bible software products.

Please let me know what it's like if you get it. :)

HTH

Edited by Alistair

I've tried this venue before - unfortunately Adobe products don't play nice with Leopard and it didn't work. Add to that the problem of not being allowed to copy and paste made the document virtually worthless to me. I have the book already - why would I want a version I could only read on my computer and not use for papers, etc? Thanks for the help though - if you know a software solution you can suggest it. I know Logos has it as a module - but I don't have a version of the Logos software for PC so I can't use the Mac beta to access it anyway. Thanks.

Edited by jwritebol

The only other solution I can suggest is you take your print copy, scan it, and OCR every page. The Accordance module must surely be available by the time you've finished. :)

I've tried this venue before - unfortunately Adobe products don't play nice with Leopard and it didn't work. Add to that the problem of not being allowed to copy and paste made the document virtually worthless to me.

I use Leopard and the Adobe Creative Suite everyday and I don't have any problems with Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. I'm not sure why you are having troubles. You might try to uninstall and reinstall a clean copy. As to the copy and pasting, was the document itself locked? Were you able to copy and paste from other PDF's? Did you try Preview? You can open any PDF in Preview as well.

Rick

I use Leopard and the Adobe Creative Suite everyday and I don't have any problems with Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. I'm not sure why you are having troubles. You might try to uninstall and reinstall a clean copy. As to the copy and pasting, was the document itself locked? Were you able to copy and paste from other PDF's? Did you try Preview? You can open any PDF in Preview as well.

Rick

I think what he means is the creators of the document did not allow for coping, and disabled printing in the PDF document.

Tom

Yes, the creators of the PDF document limited it that way (no copy, paste, printing, etc.). However Adobe's ebook reader program (not Acrobat or Acrobat Reader - it is a new "Library" program) is not compatible with Leopard. So that is the problem, and the only vendor selling the version for the Mac requires that you use this "Library" program to open the file - Acrobat Reader won't do it. So I am stuck.

Any semi-official word from the good folks at Accordance???

I have been able to get the Adobe library reader to work just fine on Leopard (10.5.2)

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it not possible for you to obtain a program that will change Adobe pfd to a Word doc file?