Enable Instant Key Number highlighting

Alan H

Version 8.0 has just been downloaded, thank you very much. Immediately, I went to Preferences-->Instant Details to check the instant key number highlighting. The option is there, but it is gray. I think I have the necessary modules to use this feature, including NIB G/K, KJVS, and HMT-C, and AccUpdater does not indicate that I need to update these. Am I missing some additional procedure?

HMT-C is not a tagged text. You must have a grammatically tagged Greek and Hebrew text as well as a Key number text, since the link is via the lemma (Dictionary form).

HMT-C is not a tagged text. You must have a grammatically tagged Greek and Hebrew text as well as a Key number text, since the link is via the lemma (Dictionary form).

So this is what I have for texts. Do I have the right tagged stuff, or do I need to get something else?

P

post-12017-1211854131_thumb.jpg

BHS-W4 and GNT-T are both tagged texts. Some of the other GNT modules may be tagged; I don't recall.

You don't appear to have a tagged LXX text currently. I also don't see any keyed English texts on your list.

Lorinda

So this is what I have for texts. Do I have the right tagged stuff, or do I need to get something else?

P

post-12017-1211854131_thumb.jpg

You need an English text with Strong's numbers, like NAS95S or KJVS, or the NIV G/K with the Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbers. Your GNT-T and BHS-W4 are the right Greek/Hebrew texts, but without the keyed English texts you can't use the key number highlighting.

You need an English text with Strong's numbers, like NAS95S or KJVS, or the NIV G/K with the Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbers. Your GNT-T and BHS-W4 are the right Greek/Hebrew texts, but without the keyed English texts you can't use the key number highlighting.

So is there a list of tagged English texts?

P

To my knowledge, the only currently available keyed English texts are the ones Robb listed:

NAS95S, KJVS, and NIV G/K

Elsewhere in the forums Helen indicated that the ESVS--a keyed version of the ESV--will be available in the near future.

Lorinda

Great. Thanks for your help!

P

• 3 months later...

This option is dimmed for me too. I have KJVS and GNT-TRS and they both have key numbers does that not mean they are both tagged?

This option is dimmed for me too. I have KJVS and GNT-TRS and they both have key numbers does that not mean they are both tagged?

The GNT-TRS is tagged with Strong's numbers, not with the Greek morphology. You would need the GNT-T, GNT-TR, or one of the others available.

Archived