european verse notation and user tools

sacha zemp

Hello

When I set the preference to the european notation, using the comma to separate chapter and verses, I expect it, to work as a global setting. But when I try to format a Scripture Link in the user tools, it will still accept only the period as a divider.

Besides that, does Oaktree plan to have all german book abreviations in a future version of accordance? It has some, but not all.

This question was raised already 2 years ago, and has not received any answer from Oaktree yet.

Best regards

Sacha Zemp

The European notation in user tools may be an oversight, or it may be hard to implement. We will look into it.

I believe German abbreviations are all accepted in the German version of Accordance (6.9de). We are hoping to have a German version of 8 but it will take some months. The question of acceptable abbreviations is quite complex, and was not easy to do.

Hi Helen

Thanks for looking into it. Looking forward to a positive answer....

and of course a german version of accordance 8 as well....

Sacha

Hi Helen

Any news about the user tools and the link feature for european notation?

Sacha Zemp

I am afraid that this will not be practical. Just as tools use standard notation in the text itself, user tools have to stick with that as well, sorry!

• 6 years later...

Hello

When I set the preference to the european notation, using the comma to separate chapter and verses, I expect it, to work as a global setting. But when I try to format a Scripture Link in the user tools, it will still accept only the period as a divider.

Besides that, does Oaktree plan to have all german book abreviations in a future version of accordance? It has some, but not all.

This question was raised already 2 years ago, and has not received any answer from Oaktree yet.

Best regards

Sacha Zemp

+1