Accordance freezes my machine

danzac

A few days ago I had a video file running with VLC media player. I then opened Accordance to check the details of a certain text with the "About text" menu option. When I clicked that, my computer immediately started slowing down, and the section that normally drops down with the "about text" details looked like garbled video!

I was still able to eventually move my mouse to where I know the "okay" button is to dismiss the "about text", but my system was still slowed down to the point that i had to do a hard restart of my laptop.

This has happened several times since then, and it is only after the "about text" option is used.

Please let me know if I can help determine the problem

A few days ago I had a video file running with VLC media player. I then opened Accordance to check the details of a certain text with the "About text" menu option. When I clicked that, my computer immediately started slowing down, and the section that normally drops down with the "about text" details looked like garbled video!

I was still able to eventually move my mouse to where I know the "okay" button is to dismiss the "about text", but my system was still slowed down to the point that i had to do a hard restart of my laptop.

This has happened several times since then, and it is only after the "about text" option is used.

Please let me know if I can help determine the problem

Is it happening with one particular text or tool? If so, which one?

Is it happening with one particular text or tool? If so, which one?

I can't recall what module it first happened with, but this morning it was photoguide 2

Hi,

I am trying to reproduce your problem on a MacBookPro, 10.5.3, Accordance 8.0.2.

I tried playing movies (*.mov, *.m4v, *.wmv) with VLC 0.8.6 (universal) and switched back to Accordance to bring up the 'About this text..' dialog after/during/pausing different movies.

I was always able to see the dialog (sheet) in Accordance.

Questions/Requests:

1) Could you provide a little more detail on the type of computer, vlc version, movie, etc that you are using AND the steps for reproducing this problem.

2) Does this problem persist after quitting VLC, after reboots, etc.

3) If the computer is slowing down, run /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor to find out which process is using the CPU the most.

4) Is the 'About this text..' dialog the only one with display problems (try 'Set Text Pane Display.. ' (command - T))

5) A screen shot could always help (command - shift - 3).

Mike

Of course, try and I might, I cannot reproduce the problem. This is the very reason I waited for it to happen more than once before I reported it!

I'm using the same computer and operating system as you Mike.

I was watching an avi video (can't recall which one)

The last two times it happened, I tried to do both run activity monitor and to capture the screen, but couldn't get either going.

Yes, it was only the "about this text" box that went all weird.

Archived