Moffat Translation Available?

FC2143

A friend and I worked on this together a few years ago. The family owns the copyright and was not open to etexts, etc. There is an older rendition of the Moffatt that is in the public domain if my memory serves me well. It would be a great joy to have this unique translation.

According to Wickipedia, James Moffatt died in 1944. If he published his translations while he was based in Scotland or Oxford, this will mean the copyright will expire in 2014.

Incidentally if you're interested in something that will now be out of copyright, M R James died in June 1936, which means his Apocryphal New Testament, published England 1924, has been out of copyright for two years.

Dru

I noticed while perusing the new Mac software from WORDsearch that they have Moffatt's new testament (not as part of the Mac bundle, but available separately). If I had to guess, the old testament isn't available because Moffatt moved chapters and sections of chapters around to fit where he thought they ought to be. That might be real confusing to a software program.

I also noticed that they have Wuests New Testament, a resource I have wanted for a long time.

Archived