Scripture Links

Ron Bailey

I find that at times I want to comment, in my notes, on a portion of scripture rather than a single verse. I also want to add scripture links which cover several verses of a passage rather than a single verse. I am not sure how to accomplish this particulary as the quick reference panel will only reveal the first verse of a section. Am I missing something?

The Instant Details always shows only the first verse. You must click the link to see the entire text.

You can easily make a link that includes a range or a list of verses.

The only difference between the links in User Tools and User Notes are that in tools the links are validated when the Edit window is updated. Links there work just as in other tools. This means that you can have a series of separate links with a single book name. I.e. Gen 1:1, 2:2 can be two separate links and the 2:2 will get the book name from the previous link.

In User Notes the links are not validated and are not as smart. You can make Gen 1:1, 2:2 a single link and both verses will come up when you click them, but only the first shows in Instant Details. If you make them separate links, 2:2 will not work at all.

This subject has been explored and explained before on the forum, see here and here.

This subject has been explored and explained before on the forum, see here and here.

OK, thanks, sorry to make you repeat yourself.

Archived