Bookmarks

timspong

This may seem like a bit of a newby question, but how do I bookmark? I am reading some of the books that come with the Library premiere set but can't seem to be able to find a way to bookmark my place.

Thanks

The book mark is only temporary, it is not saved with a saved session. It's easy enough:option-click in the text or click in the text and select Mark Selection (command 7) from the Selection menu.

The book mark is only temporary, it is not saved with a saved session. It's easy enough:option-click in the text or click in the text and select Mark Selection (command 7) from the Selection menu.

Is there a more permanent way of marking your place as I tend to read several books at the same and a book may well take several weeks to read?

Thanks

A more permanent way to bookmark text is being considered for a future rev, but in the meantime, you have a couple of options:

1. When you save a window or session, the point you were at in each tool or text is remembered. So, for example, if you save a session before you quit Accordance, the next time you open that session, each of your open windows or tabs should be set to the place you last left off.

2. For extra insurance, you could use a highlight style to highlight the text at the place you left off reading. You can then use the Style command to search for the highlighted text.

Hope this helps.

A more permanent way to bookmark text is being considered for a future rev, but in the meantime, you have a couple of options:

1. When you save a window or session, the point you were at in each tool or text is remembered. So, for example, if you save a session before you quit Accordance, the next time you open that session, each of your open windows or tabs should be set to the place you last left off.

2. For extra insurance, you could use a highlight style to highlight the text at the place you left off reading. You can then use the Style command to search for the highlighted text.

Hope this helps.

I too am trying to find a way to bookmark my reading. I like your idea of highlighting the text and then searching for that highlighted text, but this does not seem to work on User Tools. Any ideas for leaving a bookmark in those?

Also, is there a key command to clear a highlight style?

Forgive me if this is not exactly the same topic and I don't mind if one of the board 'edits it out' but....I have just sent myself an e-mail of this topic; is there another way of 'bookmarking' a page on the forum?

I too am trying to find a way to bookmark my reading. I like your idea of highlighting the text and then searching for that highlighted text, but this does not seem to work on User Tools. Any ideas for leaving a bookmark in those?

Also, is there a key command to clear a highlight style?

Highlights cannot be applied to user tools as they would be displaced as soon as the tool is edited.

No, there is no command key to clear highlights.

Forgive me if this is not exactly the same topic and I don't mind if one of the board 'edits it out' but....I have just sent myself an e-mail of this topic; is there another way of 'bookmarking' a page on the forum?

Just save the page as a Favorite or Bookmark, depending on your browser.

okay thanks,

I now actually open all the books I want to read in a session and can then read whatever takes my fancy then save session and it all opens up exactly as I left it the next time I open it. It actually works for me better than normal bookmarks as I have about 20 open books in my "reading" session.

Archived