Showing variants in Accordance

mballai

I'm missing something that I'm used to when I look at either Greek or Hebrew text like NA or BHS. There are usually variants or references listed in the margins. I don't see them in Accordance. Do I have to go bound books or is there a way to make them appear on my screen?

I'm missing something that I'm used to when I look at either Greek or Hebrew text like NA or BHS. There are usually variants or references listed in the margins. I don't see them in Accordance. Do I have to go bound books or is there a way to make them appear on my screen?

For the apparatuses, you need the Mac Studienbibel CD-ROM. Note that the texts on that CD are not tagged with grammatical information as are the GNT-T and BHS-W4.

Once you get the resource J. P. mentioned, see this comment for a tip on how to integrate the BHS-GBS with BHS-W4.

I have the Scholar's Zondervan set. I also have the Premier Library, but I can't use it until I upgrade it from 4. So I guess I have to buy yet another set to get what I thought I was paying for in the first place?

I have the Scholar's Zondervan set. I also have the Premier Library, but I can't use it until I upgrade it from 4. So I guess I have to buy yet another set to get what I thought I was paying for in the first place?

I'm little unsure of how to answer your question, but I'll try. I don't know what you mean by the comment on the Premier Library. Can you clarify?

The Zondervan suite you have includes the GNT-NA, and BHS, neither of which are the morphologically tagged versions. On the product page for each of these items they do not imply (by either the description, or screen shot) that they include the Critical Apparatus. None of the electronic editions of the Nestle-Aland (or UBS) GNT, or BHS (with any Bible software company) include the Appartus, unless you purchase it as a set from GBS. They are licensed as such.

I hope this helps to clarify the matter. If you ever have any questions as to what is included in a particular module, you can always email (or call) the sales department, or ask here on the forum, and someone can help clarify for you.

My apologies. The morning coffee hadn't kicked in. :blink: I understand the difference now, but I assumed that something I took for granted back in the day would be there for me. I have fibromyalgia after undergoing ABVD chemotherapy, so it's hard to do all the book wielding I once did.

Archived