Version 8 Christmas Sales?

Dr. Nathan Parker

I just got back from my North Georgia trip. I didn't make it to the Accordance Seminar in Atlanta (nor did I sign up since I knew I'd miss it) unfortunately. Maybe one day you'll make it to Arkansas.

While I was in Georgia I sprang for a new MacBook Pro since I couldn't resist. However, I'm still on version 7. When I upgrade to 8 I want to spring for Library 8 Premier to give me a good set of resources to work with, and later I'll opt-in for Scholar's Premier. Although I'm wondering when are you going to be running your Christmas Specials? It could take me a little time before I'm able to upgrade so by the time I'm able to I may want to order during your Christmas Specials. I'm also a student so I'm sure there's some form of discount there. Every little bit helps. I saved hundreds of dollars on the MacBook Pro, Fusion, AppleCare, and Time Capsule by using my student discounts.

When does Accordance usually run their Christmas Specials?

Thanks!

Historically, they begin the day after Thanksgiving (going back to 2005), but, like Apple, who knows what the good folks at OakTree have up their sleeve this year?! If you're on version 7, upgrade to 8 now. They'll apply the cost you pay to your upgrade to Library/Scholar's 8, so you'll get it back when you upgrade your texts/tools.

Student discount is 10%.

• 2 weeks later...
Historically, they begin the day after Thanksgiving (going back to 2005), but, like Apple, who knows what the good folks at OakTree have up their sleeve this year?! If you're on version 7, upgrade to 8 now. They'll apply the cost you pay to your upgrade to Library/Scholar's 8, so you'll get it back when you upgrade your texts/tools.

Student discount is 10%.

Thanks! I'll probably go that route. Sounds good to me.

I'm LOVING my new MacBook Pro! What an upgrade! It's been wonderful.

Hi Robb,

As a person who has not yet invested in Accordance, I am wondering what the sales are typically like?

All the best,

John

Historically, they begin the day after Thanksgiving (going back to 2005), but, like Apple, who knows what the good folks at OakTree have up their sleeve this year?!

Hey John,

Bear in mind that I have no official information and am simply going off what I remember from years past. From what I recall, usually there is a sale on Bible unlocks (I think one year I bought 4 Bibles for $88, normally that would cost $120). The primary collections have usually been on sale (Library and Scholar's collection), I would say at least at 10% off normal price. Graphics modules seem to go on sale, too. One year, Word Biblical Commentary was offered at a significant discount (that's when I bought it), but that was because it was a new release that happened to coincided with the season.

I would say that if you are looking to get started with Accordance, you will want a primary collection, and, historically, they have been discounted for the holidays. But, as I said, who knows what will happen this holiday season??

Archived