Williams' Hebrew Syntax

davesalyer

I asked about this syntax in the original languages forum some time ago:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2439

Since then I did purchase Jouon-Muraoka and have enjoyed using it for a few months. While I appreciate JM, it is very technical and somewhat awkward to use for quick reference (IMHO). I always have to expand the browser and retrace references to topic headings, etc..

I have also been using the paper version of Williams during this time. I find it much easier to use - it helps me get what I am looking for more quickly. While it doesn't give the depth that JM does I would imagine that it would be much more helpful to those of us who aren't skilled grammarians. It is already set up for quick reference. It also has extensive references to JM, Watlke, etc. so that those who wish could easily go into more depth (possibly even hyperlinked to those Accordance modules?). I think it would serve as a good initial reference and stepping stone to the more advanced works and I think it would work well as an Accordance module. I think it would serve many students and pastor's better than what is currently available.

The older editions of Williams look like they were made with a typewriter, but the new 3rd edition (which has been totally revised and expanded) looks to have been done with computers which would lead me to believe that there is an electronic version out there.

Thoughts?

Archived