Default lexicon

A. Smith

I generally use Thayer (I'm too cheap to buy E-BDAG right now). However, I use LEH for LXX studies. When I triple click a word in LXX, Thayer comes up. I switch the tab to LEH and make sure recycle is on. The next time I triple click a word, Thayer opens up again in a new tab. How do I make LEH the default lexicon for LXX studies?

You cannot make LEH the default only for the LXX. The top Greek lexicon is the default for all texts. However, if you choose LEH from the menu in the Resource palette (rather than triple-clicking), the next time you "amplify" you can just click the icon on the palette as it defaults to the last opened item, or you can shift-triple-click to reopen the last item. Thus you can temporarily set the default for a shift-triple-click by once amplifying to the item in the menu.

Tony's question implies a good suggestion for a feature addition. It *would* be helpful to be able to specify a different lexicon for different corpora.

(If it can only be one at present, BDAG is the best choice since it covers more of the LXX than does Thayer. It's worth every penny it takes to own a copy.)

Thank you and I agree with Rod on both counts. However, having just had my first son (see pic) the hardcopy BDAG will suffice for now.

Archived