Opinions about a module

Tim Hall

I am thinking of getting the Zondervan Personal Growth module in the near future. For those who have this module, what is your opinion of it?

I'd be interested in hearing as well. I already have the TNIV Bible in Accordance, so that hurts the potential purchase.

This is in clearance at a local bookstore and I could get it really cheap, but I'm just not sure that I'd use anything in it.

I happen to love the TNIV and it would make a lot of sense to buy the package instead of the one Bible for $30.

Dan

It depends on what other resources you have and what you are looking to add to your library. The main reason for purchasing this collection would be to add the TNIV. There are 3 resources in addition to the TNIV that I find useful: Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties (similar to Hard Sayings of the Bible); The NIV Thematic Reference Bible (Similar to Naves, except it id reference based) very useful for getting cross references that are thematically similar to the text you are studying; and NI Dictionary (better than Eastons, if that is all you have, but not as good as the IVP, Anchor or ZPEB).

The other resources, for me are of limited value, but could be useful if you are interested in organized bible studies or resources about the bible in general. Hope this helps.

Archived