User Note and User Tools Location

Ed Cross

Is there a way to change the default location where user notes and user tools are saved?

They are currently saved in file:///Users/username/Documents/Accordance%20Files/User%20Notes/

This makes it difficult if you want to share a user tool with links to graphics or other user tools if the graphics or other user tools are within a path that requires the same username. I did notice there is a Shared Tools and Shared Notes folder under the main Accordance directory above the user directories, is there a way to make these Shared directories the default for user tool and notes creation?

No, there isn't, but I wonder whether an alias in one or other location might accomplish what you want.

Aliases won't work because the aliases points to a specific location.

What I have attempted so far is to remove my existing User Tools through the Library window. I then moved them from my user accordance directory, to the Shared User Tools directory directly under the Accordance directory. Then through the Library window I re-added them to the library from the Shared User Tools directory.

The only problem with this is that adding them through the Library window puts a copy of them back into the user accordance directory. I then deleted the copy it made in the user accordance directory. The User Tool opens in Accordance, however, the scripture links are all broken, even if I edit the Tool and add a new scripture link, see attached pic for error message.

post-265-1237383145_thumb.jpg

Well, it now appears that I cannot even create a new user tool with scripture links. When I do I get the same error as in the previous post. UGH!

Archived