Open verse list from commentary in new window?

SteveP

I apologize, because I am sure I saw this written about somewhere, but I can not find it no matter how hard I look. I thought I had this working, but at least after the 8.2.2 update it is not working any longer.

When viewing a commentary, for example, and there is a list of scripture references on a line, I *thought* that you could COMMAND CLICK on the line with that verse reference list in it and it would open up a new verse reference tab. But now, it is opening up a new tab laid out exactly like my default settings window (with multiple panes, but strangely not with the exact font sizes, background colors, etc.) with the full text (context) of the first reference only.

Am I mis-remembering this feature? If so, how do I do what I want? I'm reading a commentary that gives a list of verses, I just want to open them up in a new tab with just those verses.

Thanks for any help.

This is still working fine for me. Are you sure you are clicking on the first link of the list, as opposed to the text of the entry? I've attached a screenshot of where I command-clicked, and it worked for me. Finally, you may have the 'Show All Text' button clicked at the top of your window. You are still then seeing all of the references, but since you are showing them in the entire biblical context, they are marked with bookmarks.

Hope this helps.

This is still working fine for me. Are you sure you are clicking on the first link of the list, as opposed to the text of the entry? I've attached a screenshot of where I command-clicked, and it worked for me. Finally, you may have the 'Show All Text' button clicked at the top of your window. You are still then seeing all of the references, but since you are showing them in the entire biblical context, they are marked with bookmarks.

I am clicking on the verse reference, and the cursor changes to a magnifying glass when I hover over it, so I think I am in the right place. I do not have the "Show All Text" button checked. However, I see that earlier in the paragraph that I clicked on there is a reference to Exodus 1-15, so it's no wonder I thought it was purely a context reference. :) Using the forward/backward arrows on the bookmarks does take me to the next verses, which are individual verses.

Still, I am puzzled why it is opening in the "Starting Settings" pane format rather than just opening a new tab with only the verse reference list. Is that intended? Can I shut that off?

Steve

It is just copying your current setup. If you leave the tab open and close the unwanted panes, it will recycle to show the references you want, each time you click on another reference.

Please consider an option to turn this off... I have eight panes, and every time I close the tab opened in this manner, the next time it comes up I have to close all the panes again. This is very annoying. I could be imagining things, but I don't remember it working this way from the original 8.1 install I did. [uPDATE: I re-installed 8.1.1 and it does this as well, so I am mis-remembering things. :) But still, it would make a nice option]

Actually, it's inserting a text pane with my primary translation before the others, so if I had eight panes on my starting window, I will have nine panes in the resulting window after I cmd-click on the verse references.

I suggested you leave the tab open, do NOT close it, and it will recycle with the panes that you have left in it, it does not add more panes.

Archived