Capturing information from the Quick View window

Ron Bailey

Is there any way of capturing the information that appears in the Quick View window? Frequently as I study I will hover the cursor over a word, particularly in the Greek versions, to see the parsing. At times if I am writing or making notes it would be very helpful to capture this parsing information so that I could post it into another document. At present, of course, as soon as I move the cursor from the Greek word the information in the Quick View window vanishes.

Am I missing something obvious?

There actually is a way to capture the display of the instant details window, at least as an image or PDF.

1. With the results you desire showing in the instant details window, press and hold "Command-shift". That "locks" the display of the instant detail window as long as you're holding down "command-shift".

2. While still holding "command-shift", also press the "4" key. Then let go of the "4" key while still holding "command-shift". You'll get a cross-hair cursor.

3. Now, press the space bar (still holding "command-shift"). The cursor changes to a camera.

4. Still holding "command-shift", click on the instant details window with your mouse.

5. The results will be saved to your desktop. I think by default it is saved as a PDF. I use a program called "Cocktail" to change the default to a jpeg. I'm sure there are other programs that do the same thing...

Hope that helps!

Mark

Hope that helps! Mark

Thanks Mark, that's a good start although I felt sure Accordance should handle this a bit more intuitively! I really want readable text that I can copy and paste into other working documents. Thanks again.

Another approach would simply be to select the text you want parsing information for, and then click the Parse button in the Languages section of the Resource palette. This will give you the parsing information for every word in a window you can print or copy from.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark, that's a good start although I felt sure Accordance should handle this a bit more intuitively!

What? Those steps I gave you aren't intuitive? C'mon! :-)

Mark

How about right-clicking on the text, and then choosing "Copy Quick View Window" from the contextual menu???

Dan,

One of the features on our to do list is to add an item to the Copy As submenu of the Edit menu called Copy As Parsing. That would copy the parsing information directly to the clipboard and save you opening the Parsing window and copying from there. This would also be accessible through the contextual menus. So yes, it's coming.

Could you also please add a Contextual Menu "Bring me my coffee"?

Ron or others, here's a great summary of all the screen capture options built into Mac OSX:

Screen Shots

Sounds good, but it's not exactly what I suggested. A "Copy Quick View Window" command from the contextual menu (or where ever) would be much more versatile as it would copy whatever appeared in the Quick View window. That would be great!

What? Those steps I gave you aren't intuitive? C'mon! :-)

Mark

Yes, I guess one man's intuition is another man's 5 step programme! ;)

Dan,

One of the features on our to do list is to add an item to the Copy As submenu of the Edit menu called Copy As Parsing. That would copy the parsing information directly to the clipboard and save you opening the Parsing window and copying from there. This would also be accessible through the contextual menus. So yes, it's coming.

Now that's exactly what I want!

Thanks guys for all your help but I'll wait until Accordance implements it.

Could you also please add a Contextual Menu "Bring me my coffee"?

Ron or others, here's a great summary of all the screen capture options built into Mac OSX:

Screen Shots

Thanks Joe

I don't think I have enough fingers to hold the cursor over the Greek word and operate the screen capture keystrokes. ;)

Just for the record, the window is called the 'Instant Details' window, not Quick View.

Archived