List of upcoming titles

Greg Terry

Would it be possible for there to be a list of forthcoming titles somewhere on the Accordance website?

I am only referring to those titles which are actually in the process of development and scheduled for release.

I wouldn't expect that their would be an anticipated delivery date included - I know those have a way of changing. Just knowing what was coming around the bend would be good.

This would be very helpful for those of us who must carefully budget their software purchases.

It would also keep me from buying software from the "other" guys like I have done in the past and NOT buying it from Accordance. Had I know Accordance was working on certain items I would have waited for the Accordance version, which is my preference.

I too, would love to have such a list.

It would also keep me from buying software from the "other" guys like I have done in the past and NOT buying it from Accordance. Had I know Accordance was working on certain items I would have waited for the Accordance version, which is my preference.

This has also been my experience.

In general we don't pre-advertise our offerings, but anyone is welcome to ask us off-forum whether we have something in the works.

In general we don't pre-advertise our offerings, but anyone is welcome to ask us off-forum whether we have something in the works.

I regularly purchase books/software for research/study. Accordance has already missed out on sales of several hundred dollars from me because of this policy. I probably won't pick up the phone every week or every other week to check on every item I purchase. A great website, like the one Accordance has, is so much more convenient.

I would think it would be in the best interest of the seller to make it as convenient as possible for the buyer in terms of product information and buying experience. I would love to see Accordance be more successful in this area.

Let me address this on Helen's behalf.

All of us in the Mac world are familiar with vaporware and empty promises. I have personally waited several years for a piece of software, promised to be "almost ready for release," only to be disappointed because the company could never bring it to market. As a result of these kinds of experiences, Accordance decided to take the high road. We only advertise modules that are ready to be released

I probably won't pick up the phone every week or every other week to check on every item I purchase.

How about email? Or a quick forum post? That would only take seconds to do, and unless she is sleeping (which probably isn't very often) or without internet, Helen usually responds within minutes. ;)

How about email? Or a quick forum post? That would only take seconds to do, and unless she is sleeping (which probably isn't very often) or without internet, Helen usually responds within minutes. ;)

That's a good suggestion. However, I stand by my statement that "I would think it would be in the best interest of the seller to make it as convenient as possible for the buyer in terms of product information and buying experience. I would love to see Accordance be more successful in this area."

As you say, Helen is GREAT at responding quickly. So, if the information isn't secret, and Helen will answer questions about specific resources, then why not just put the information out there--with the obligatory disclaimers like "this is subject to change," etc.

I know this has been suggested in the forum several times, and with some regularity. So I'm not the only one who thinks it would be a benefit. I do also note that it has always received the same response as this time.

Archived