Calling all Greek Geeks

circuitrider

I am trying to break down the Greek word that is interpreted, "magnified", in Phil. 1:20(KJV). Will Accordance do this for me? I have a feeling it will but I can't seem to set up the construct correctly. I would like to see the roots and then search for the occurrences of the root forms individually. Also, how do you free a root from a prefix while searching?

I have the GNT-T and the GNT-TRS.

If you have your Instant Details palette open (Window menu), when you hover over μεγαλυνθήσεται, you should see that the form does not decompose: it is simply an inflected form of the verb μεγαλύνω (itself derived from the adjective μέγας "large, great," which appears as the root in parentheses in Instant Details--note that you can configure what details appear in the Preferences, under Instant Details).

If you wanted to search for all words with this root, simply prefix it with the plus sign:

+μέγας

This returns 264 hits in 251 verses in GNT-T (ver. 3.7), and clicking Details and adding the Part of Speech (cmd-t) to the Analysis tab shows that this root is productive in nominal, adjectival, adverbial and verbal uses.

Archived