Manage Your Attachments

Mick Matousek

In the past, I've posted some explanatory screen captures as attachments to postings on the Accordance Forums. When I review "My Controls" for my account, there is a section named "Manage Your Attachments". It states I have a certain capacity available and used. What happens if I delete one of those attachments in "Manage Your Attachments" to create more capacity. Will it be deleted from the posting on the forum ?? Will it result in an incomplete posting missing the attachment?

Yes, I imagine so. When you attach something, it is actually uploaded to the forum server for direct access. Since clearly we have a limit of available space, theres a limit to how much users can attach. If you delete something from that part of your Control Panel, it will most likely delete it from the server, creating an unreadable attachments. The caps are fairly generous (I think) so there shouldn't be any need to delete anything for a while.

• 7 years later...

How can we actually upload a file that we want to make available to people here in the forum? I cannot find an upload button anywhere, just a My Media button which doesn't show anything in it because I haven't figured out where to upload first.

Thanks!

Christi

Edited by millca

The forums aren't really designed for generic file-sharing. What you can do, though, it create a post describing what you want to make available and attach the file to the post.

Gotcha! So I need to start a new topic in order to attach a file. That's do able! Thanks.

Hi all

- we do have an area for file sharing called the "Accordance Exchange" You can go to it here. This is not for random filesharing, but if there is something you think would be of help to others, then please feel free to upload it and I will review it. If I think it can be of use to others, and there are no copyright issues, then I'll find a place for it on the Exchange

Edited by Ken Simpson