User Tool Text Distorted

Samuel Clough

I have what seems to be a bug. I'm been trying to put some stuff into a user tool, but now I cannot get the text to display correctly. Everytime I add some text the first line is complete and then all subsequent lines are significantly indented. I've tried deleting the indentation and re-adding the text, but it just comes back and even seems corrupted when I edit it. Has anyone seen anything like this and is it a known bug? I've attached a screenshot.

post-29605-1246469855_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. My imported sermons have hanging indents all over the place.

I've attached a screenshot.

post-4818-1247481769_thumb.png

I have the same problem now and then. Usually, I can simply hit the left align button in the text palette and the text realigns itself properly.

Here's the help I got from Helen (thanks, Helen!):

I suggest you try creating a new User Tool and seeing if you have the same problems. You can export the current tool as text (if it will) or you can merge it into a new blank user tool (again, if it lets you). Either of these should remove any corruption. You can have any number of user tools, there is no need to put everytjing in the one file, and it may be more stable that way.

User tools do get corrupted at times. It's a very difficult task to accept text in many formats and handle it correctly.

I have the same problem now and then. Usually, I can simply hit the left align button in the text palette and the text realigns itself properly.

Thank You, that did the trick for me!

Levi Durfey

Archived