Copying References to a Reference List

Ron Bailey

While on the topic of references; is there a simple way of copying the whole of a single verse's cross-references into the reference window? I still think that the Bible is its own best commentary and I use cross-references a lot. Using copyall often fails because it picks up all the refernces in the cross-references window and then tells me I am inputting too many references.

While on the topic of references; is there a simple way of copying the whole of a single verse's cross-references into the reference window?

Hello Philologos,

Just click in the middle of the first cross-reference verse and drag to the middle of the last cross-reference verse you want to display and release the mouse. Your selected references will open in a new tab or window. I learned this one from Helen.

Best regards,

Ron Webber

Hello Philologos,

Just click in the middle of the first cross-reference verse and drag to the middle of the last cross-reference verse you want to display and release the mouse. Your selected references will open in a new tab or window. I learned this one from Helen.

thanks Ron (I'm another Ron btw)

That works well if I can see all the references in the window, but if the references continue beyond the window I find my mouse always runs away and ends up with the next verse's references too.

Using copyall often fails because it picks up all the references in the cross-references window and then tells me I am inputting too many references.
That works well if I can see all the references in the window, but if the references continue beyond the window I find my mouse always runs away and ends up with the next verse's references too.

I cannot help with the mouse running away, but I can suggest that once you have all the references in the Text window, uncheck the Show All Text box to get just those verses, then select all the text and add the verses to the Reference List.

Sorry, there is no shortcut to add a set of references in a tool directly to the Reference List.

Archived