Welcome to the new forums!

Joel Brown

As is quite obvious to most of you, we've just completed a major upgrade of our forums. It features some new functionality and obviously a whole new look, so enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions or leave any comments here. We are getting used to it as much as you are!

I like the look, it is crisper and cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

Joel,

Looks nice.

However, you still haven't answered my question about a mobile skin. The new skin is still a drag to use in iPhone Safari.

The need for an optional mobil skin will only increase.

This new version of the forums does come with a Lo-Fi theme, designed for smaller screensizes and decreased bandwidth. To switch to it, there is a popup menu at the far bottom right of every page. It initially had the iPhone default to it, but I and some others thought it was less ideal for the iPhone than the normal one. For now, iPhones and other mobile devices will still default to the main skin, but users can choose to use the other one if they wish. We are open to adding more skins, and I am keeping my eye out. Since the board was just released and had some major changes, I haven't found much. If you happen to see a skin you like that is economically viable, be sure to let us know and we'll look into it. Remember to make sure it is IP Board 3.x compatible, not 2.x!

Thanks for the response.

The regular and lo-fi versions really don't look that different on the iphone screen. Both default to tiny windows and controls.

I hope someone releases an iPhone skin for 3.* release of IPBoard, then.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.

The regular and lo-fi versions really don't look that different on the iphone screen. Both default to tiny windows and controls.

I hope someone releases an iPhone skin for 3.* release of IPBoard, then.

If there is an iphone theme out there it would most likely hit vBulletin or IPB...they are the two top forum software packages.

• 1 month later...

I really like forums - I think for companys they give a transparancy that can give customers confidence, I always check forums to see what customer care is like, how users respond to one another and if there are loads of complaints.

One thing that may help the site is a general discussion area for discussion about any ole thing? would allow accordance users to get to know one another somewhat could add a greater community feel to the forums.

Archived