Two issues with Text Tabs

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I have encountered two issues with Text Tabs (not Search Tabs).

First, the Shift-Control-1, etc. shortcuts do not work to change the text shown in a pane. The shortcuts are shown in the drop-downs, but nothing happens if I use them. The Control-1, etc. shortcuts do work to change the Text order drop-down. Both sets of shortcuts work in search tabs.

Second, the blue highlighting that is used for both outlining the selected pane and highlighting text I have selected by dragging often turns gray in these tabs. To reproduce, do the following in a text tab with multiple panes, with enough verses showing that you have scroll bars available;

-Change the Text order drop-down by using the Control-2 (or 3, 4, etc.) shorcut.

-The line drawn around the selected pane will go light gray

-Click on that or another pane; the line drawn around the pane will be darker gray, but not the original blue

-Select a portion of the text; it is light blue

-scroll down until that section of text is hidden, then scroll back up

-the text you selected is now highlighted in dark grey instead of blue

The first two "steps" occur in Search tabs, too, but once you click in a pane again, the highlighting around the edge of the pane reverts to the normal blue.

I'm using Accordance 8.3.2 on OS 10.4.11, PPC.

Lorinda

We have already noted that the Shift-Control-1, etc. shortcuts do not work to change the text in a pane of a Text (or Context) tab. The highlighting issues in those panes are new, and we will look into them.

We have already noted that the Shift-Control-1, etc. shortcuts do not work to change the text in a pane of a Text (or Context) tab. The highlighting issues in those panes are new, and we will look into them.

I must have missed the mention of Shift-Control-1 shortcut limitations. Is this a bug or a necessary limitation?

Lorinda

Archived