Organizing quotes and tidbits with User Notes

preacherwin

Okay, for the record, Accordance is the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to doing word studies and exegesis as I prepare sermons and lectures. That being said, as pretty much any preacher and teacher, I have accumulated piles of bits of paper with notations, quotes, references to a book in my library, and illustrations that I use for teaching and preaching. Yet, at this point, I am beginning to realize that I will soon be buried in bits if I don't get them organized in the computer.

Ideally, I would like to incorporate these quotations and notes within Accordance. Now I am a veteran to using User Notes to key things to a particular text. But what I was wondering was if there was a way that I could key user notes to a particular word (perhaps in one of the Lexicons) or to a particular concept. I am not sure if this is possible, but if it is, can someone give me some hints to do so?

Thanks!

Win

I think you would be better off using a User Tool, and perhaps putting your key words in a heading line, so they would be found when you search for Titles.

If development of Journler hadn't been terminated, I would have suggested thinking about using it instead of Accordance for organizing such things, as it makes good use of tags and such.

Lorinda

Yeah, it is a bit of a problem. I'm staying with Journler on my current machine, as it still works well for me. But when I buy a new computer I'll have to find something else, as Journler is not (and now will never be) Snow Leopard compatible. I don't think Evernote would be a good replacement for my purposes, but I've heard good things about it.

Lorinda

Go for the full power of Devonthink Pro Office

This thread kind of relates to one I just started. I'd love to see the highlighting palette morph into something more robust

I'm surprised too! Devonthink is an incredible piece of software. IMHO There is no better way to organize all your digital info

You may want to check out this thread for more info on Devonthink and resource mgmt of accordance interesting resources.

Mike

Go for the full power of Devonthink Pro Office

This thread kind of relates to one I just started. I'd love to see the highlighting palette morph into something more robust

Archived