Window Shift upon quit and new launch

Tom

O.K. is this really a bug? I'm being picky here, but it happens every time on my MacBook Pro 13 inch with the latest Accordance. It happened with 8.3 as well. I've attached a screen shot to demonstrate. Every time I relaunch Accordance after quitting, the instant details window that I have at the bottom of my screen shifts over a pixel or two. There is a slight shift to the right. Compare the two instant details window closely. In the second screen shot notice the whole instant detail window has shifted to the right. The second screen shot was taken after I quit Accordance (after taking first screen shot) and relaunched Accordance. Each time I launch Accordance I have to manually drag the instant details window to the left so my two windows align exactly.

I know this is picky. It probably only bugs me. Not even sure it is worth doing anything about.

Tom

post-200-125809563944_thumb.png

post-200-125809566818_thumb.png

Hi Tom,

I was not able to reproduce this window shift. Could you post entire screen shots (before quit, after launch) so that I could possibly see what is causing the shift?

Mike

Hi Tom,

Could you post entire screen shots (before quit, after launch) so that I could possibly see what is causing the shift?

Mike

Mike,

My screen shots do cut off the left part of the screen some what. But I think if you just look at the first screen shot that I posted (the one on the left), you can see a thin black area to the left of my instant details window. This is how my Accordance always opens. Each session, I will drag the window slightly to the left, so it lines up exactly in line with the main window above. When I quit Accordance and open it again, the window will have shifted as in my first screen shot again, and I have to drag it over a tiny bit again.

My screen resolution is set to: 1152 x 720. This is my preferred resolution.

Let me know if I need to inform you with any other information.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry I was not clear in the earlier post. I was not able to reproduce this shift with a workspace and an Instant Details window. I was guessing there was another window/palette (not visible) that caused the Instant Details window to snap to another location.

I think you have noticed Accordance tries to help you with floating window placement by snapping the floating window you are moving close to a main window or workspace (new in 8.3). It seems Accordance thinks another window is "closer" and shifts the Instant Details window over your Workspace (and to the right).

So if I saw all of your windows/palettes then maybe I can figure out where the problem is.

Mike

Hi Tom,

Sorry I was not clear in the earlier post. I was not able to reproduce this shift with a workspace and an Instant Details window. I was guessing there was another window/palette (not visible) that caused the Instant Details window to snap to another location.

I think you have noticed Accordance tries to help you with floating window placement by snapping the floating window you are moving close to a main window or workspace (new in 8.3). It seems Accordance thinks another window is "closer" and shifts the Instant Details window over your Workspace (and to the right).

So if I saw all of your windows/palettes then maybe I can figure out where the problem is.

Mike

Mike,

What you see, is all that there is to see. One workspace, with three tabs, separate floating instant details (ID) window. Nothing else, nothing hidden behind these windows. The ID window actually shifts slightly to the right and slightly up when I first launch Accordance. When I manually move the ID window back it "snaps" slightly down and to the left, leaving a slight gap between the workspace window and the ID window.

Not a big deal, and no one else seems to have this issue. Just funny that I do and it is reproducible for me.

Tom

Archived