#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

Heiser's now infamous post discussed the new results datasheet of Logos 4. Another blogger recently gave a photoshot of what it looks like as well.

This prompted me to think about ways Accordance can improve on the "Details" a little bit. There have been many times (particularly preparing for Greek and Hebrew classes) when I've made significant use of Accordance search results- particularly the "analysis" tab.

I've often had to copy and paste the Accordance info to a text file, then do a bunch of find and replaces to get the info to the point where I can bring it in to Numbers or Excel. Improving the analysis results to be in more of a table style would help this out a bit. Also, the ability to place in a different "column" the root form (rather than in parenthesis), etc.

I don't think full "manipulation" in the way Logos 4 has it is necessary— in my opinion that is the work of a spreadsheet program. But offering the data in such a way that it can be seamlessly brought into Numbers/Excel would be great! (perhaps even a button that automatically opens Numbers with the data in it :=)

#2 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Danny,
The current offset format I think is superbly done, but I also think it should have an option of exporting as a tab delim file. I suspect something like that is coming in due time. Until such time, I have released a droplet application which converts various analysis windows into a tab deliminated file.
FlashCord File Converter It will work for some situations, but surely not all wishes.
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#3 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the link Joe. Does your converter handle unicode?

I agree that the offset format is well done and generally pleasing to the eyes. On this matter- the details and analysis - I'm more about function than looks :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users