Searching only Highlighted stuff

Daniel V

Can you have search results only from within one highlight color?

Eg. I highlight 85 things in red (both references and/or phrases). I search for "saved" and instead of 108 (from the whole ESV) it gives me 10 in red b/c they came only from the red highlighting that I have done?

This may be really handy for text criticism searches of unique material, etc.

Daniel,

Use the Style command. Like this:

saved <AND> [sTYLE red]

Where I have "red" you would put whatever name you've given to the highlight style you want to search for.

Note that at this point, the style command will find any verses which contain both the word "saved" and your red highlighting style. It's not word-specific, so it may find instances where the word "saved" is not actually highlighted in red, but where some other portion of the verse is.

Hope this helps.

Accordance user Chris Heard recently shared on his blog an example of using the highlighting feature as a scheme for categorizing the psalms by genre.

So, for example, with his scheme, you can search only lament psalms for a certain string.

Thank you Mr. Lang. It was nice to meet you at ETS and I am enjoying the world of Accordance. Already coming in very handy for my very first Text Critical paper.

Dan

Daniel,

Use the Style command. Like this:

saved <AND> [sTYLE red]

Where I have "red" you would put whatever name you've given to the highlight style you want to search for.

Note that at this point, the style command will find any verses which contain both the word "saved" and your red highlighting style. It's not word-specific, so it may find instances where the word "saved" is not actually highlighted in red, but where some other portion of the verse is.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Chris.

Accordance user Chris Heard recently shared on his blog an example of using the highlighting feature as a scheme for categorizing the psalms by genre.

So, for example, with his scheme, you can search only lament psalms for a certain string.

Archived