Is it possible to copy BDAG?

Enoch

I always found Bauer's Lexicon (before Danker got into it) hard to read. To help read it, I spent years highlighting in with various high-lighter colors (Blue for major categories, Green for minor categories, Orange for minor-minor categories, Yellow for NT verses, Pink for actual meanings of words. Now that I have the BDAG module in Accordance, I wanted to copy & paste it into a word processor file so that I could doctor the text into a more readable format for myself, "fixing" each entry as I use it.

But when I tried that, I got a negation popup box that says "No more than 500 verses" & 'In order to export all ..., use the "Save as Text File..." menu item.'

Then I tried all the menus at the top of the screen, but there was no such option as "Save as Text File." As usual, the Help option at the top of the screen also does not help.

Is it possible for me to copy BDAG & doctor it for my own use?

I always found Bauer's Lexicon (before Danker got into it) hard to read. To help read it, I spent years highlighting in with various high-lighter colors (Blue for major categories, Green for minor categories, Orange for minor-minor categories, Yellow for NT verses, Pink for actual meanings of words. Now that I have the BDAG module in Accordance, I wanted to copy & paste it into a word processor file so that I could doctor the text into a more readable format for myself, "fixing" each entry as I use it.

But when I tried that, I got a negation popup box that says "No more than 500 verses" & 'In order to export all ..., use the "Save as Text File..." menu item.'

Then I tried all the menus at the top of the screen, but there was no such option as "Save as Text File." As usual, the Help option at the top of the screen also does not help.

Is it possible for me to copy BDAG & doctor it for my own use?

The Save Text Selection option is under the File menu. However, this is not designed for what you want. Copying entire modules to text files is not allowed from within Accordance.

I would recommend using our highlight feature to accomplish the same thing. Plus, your highlights are searchable within Acc.

You have found a bug in the error dialog text. The "Save as Text File..." menu item is for simple text windows such as Display books, Details, Parsing and Syntax, and the Timeline Data windows. For Text and Tool windows the menu item text is "Save Text Selection..." . We will fix this for the next minor update.

I verified this information by typing "Save as Text File" in the Search box at the top of the Help menu. You will find this information under Printing, Saving, and Exporting (Accordance Help > General Features > Printing, Saving, and Exporting > II. Saving and Exporting Text and Images).

Also, if we had the correct error message (that would suggest "Save Text Selection..."), you could have typed "Save Text Selection" in the Search box at the top of the Help menu to find the location of the related menu items.

Thank you for pointing this out,

Mike

Archived