User Notes/Highlights in "the cloud"

chadbrooks

I was told this would be the place to request/see if this would work. I use accordance between 2 computers, an old laptop I bring to class and a mac mini at home (that serves as my main computer). About 6 months ago, I really started using user notes and highlighting to categorize things and organize my writing and planning. I wish that I had the ability to access my notes and other user created tools on both computers (modifying them and having them updated on both machines).

I have used dropbox before (it is a cloud storage system) to keep papers and other documents that I need to work on at 2 different locations. I also have some iCal files stored in it so my calender is the same on both computers. If I moved the "accordance files" folder from my documents to dropbox, and found a way to point accordance at it "in the cloud" instead of my harddrive (other pieces of software can do this), can I essentially have access to these files at both places?

So would this work? Does anyone else have a suggestion to solve this problem?

Unfortunately, at the present time Dropbox won't work for this type of sharing because it doesn't support the necessary Mac OS metadata. I recall trying this very thing a while back and the files lost their association with Accordance once they were synced.

Unfortunately, at the present time Dropbox won't work for this type of sharing because it doesn't support the necessary Mac OS metadata. I recall trying this very thing a while back and the files lost their association with Accordance once they were synced.

I went for a hail mary and tried last night....it sort of worked, but it took way to much work and things were still buggy. I wish there was a cloud based solution for this problem.

Gosh I wish there was a way to make this work. It sure would be nice to have my notes updated across all my machines. Where is the notes file located? Could you do an alias?

Gosh I wish there was a way to make this work. It sure would be nice to have my notes updated across all my machines. Where is the notes file located? Could you do an alias?

The notes files are located in the folder named "accordance files" in the documents folder. I haven't tried an alias yet, but it caused alot more problems so I actually re-installed accordance to clean things up. I think it would be a super useful feature, especially with the mobility and multi-office setups that many deal with now.

We definitely hope to improve this in a later rev.

Is there even a way to copy / paste the notes file? I tried it but it didn't work.

Thanks!

Sure, on each computer you are actually editing the file in user/Documents/Accordance Files and the relevant folder and file name. These files should be backed up from time to time, amd can be transferred to any other computer.

Archived