User Notes Bug?

Mark Nigro

I was creating a user note at 1 Cor 14:35, in the same manner as I always do: click in the verse reference with cursor, select 'Edit User Note" and then type in the newly opened User Note window. However, this time it linked my note to 1 Cor 14:17, which was not even available in the Bible Pane, as I had pulled up only five verses, 1 Cor 14:34-38. I tried to create a new note again at 1 Cor 14:35, but it continued to give me a blue reference in the User Note for 1 Cor 14:17. This was strange, but what was stranger was that after I saved and closed the User Note window, I checked the reference at 1 Cor 14:17, and it did not show a note there (red dot at side of pane). Yet when opening the User Note window again, it was in my User Notes as 1 Cor 14:17 but without the red dot note indicator. After closing Accordance and reopening, sure enough the note, with its red dot, appeared at 1 Cor 14:17. I simply deleted it and started over at 1 Cor 14:35, this time it gave me the proper blue verse reference, and appeared with the red dot at the corresponding verse in the Bible Pane.

This is a strange bug, and will be impossible to track down unless it is repeatable.

Archived