Recording Text lists

bradk

I figured out how to reorder the Text choices in the library window by dragging them up or down.

However, there are three other places I wish to change the order. In the Search section and the window where the text is displayed, there are Dropdowns which allow you to change the text used by each of those places. In the resource palette there are the English, Greek and Hebrew icons which right (control-) click drops down a list.

I would like to rearrange all of these places to offer the same order of choices as I have in the Library pane after I organized it. I've been unable to find a procedure to do that.

Can any one help me with this?

Thanks,

Bruce

Assuming you have clicked the "Update" button at the bottom of the Library window, you should find that the English, Hebrew, and Greek text dropdowns in the resource palette will follow the same order (and display any folders into which they were organized in the Library) for those types of texts.

Additionally, in the search window, the dropdown text menu will filter for the appropriate types of texts that can be displayed in parallel. For example, you can't show non-biblical texts in parallel with biblical texts since the reference schemes [book chapter/verse] are completely different (so, for example, Josephus is not an option when your search text is a Bible, and a Bible text is not an option for a parallel text when you're searching Josephus).

There is a consistent logic to the display--it just may not be evident at first.

Archived