8.4.4 Update Triple Click + Shift

William Cross

"For Key number texts, the shift-triple-click opens the last English dictionary rather than the Key dictionary."

Is the NAS95S a Key Numbered Text? I thought it was, but when I hold shift and Triple Click on a word nothing happens.

If I release the shift key and triple click it goes right to the NAS Greek Key Number Entry.

Am I missing something?

I am having the same problem with NRSVS. If I triple click while holding dowen the shift key, nothing happens.

It's possible that the last English Dictionary you had open does not have an entry for the word you are shift-triple-clicking. What word, and what dictionary? Or have you tried it with several words/dictionaries?

Robb is on to something. I was triple clicking "therefore" (2 Cor 5:16). My last English language was Anchor Bible Dictionary. I changed to Eerdmans Dictionary and it work like a charm. Thanks Robb.

Rich+

I tried opening Websters looking up the word "Christ" then closing Websters and shift triple clicking on the same word, but alas to no avail.

But strangely, if I hold down shift and right click the word to bring up the drop down menu to Look Up and Dictionary, Websters does come up instead of NAS Greek.

I get the same problem with NAS95S and Webster's. Interesting.

I can't reproduce the problem. I opened NAS95S to 2Cor 5:16, Shift-Triple-Clicked 'Therefore' and it opened in my top English Dictionary. If I manually open a different dictionary from the Resource Palette and then close it, the shift-triple click works and goes to that dictionary. I tried it with NAS95S and NRSVS, and with Webster, Anchor, and Eerdmans all as either the top resource, or as the last selected one. I also tried it with 'Christ' in the same verse, still worked every time.

The bug of it not doing anything was present in 8.4.3, are you sure you all have upgraded?

What happens in KJVS, if you try that?

On my iMac it works every time. On my MBP, the only one I could not get to work was Christ with Webster's using NAS95S. Weird.

I am having the same problem -- I tried KJVS, NAS95S, ESVS and none of them will open in Holman or ISBE, even though the word "promise" is in both of them.

Hi, everyone!

Just a reminder: be sure to upgrade to 8.4.4, as some of these features have been tweaked in it, as well as a couple of bugs squashed.

Still baffled by this. About Accordance tells me I am using 8.4.4. I am on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.8. I opened a new Workspace with a new tab for NAS95S and the triple click on a word works fine, but when I add shift it does nothing.

Still baffled by this. About Accordance tells me I am using 8.4.4. I am on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.8. I opened a new Workspace with a new tab for NAS95S and the triple click on a word works fine, but when I add shift it does nothing.

For anyone still experiencing the problem, are you willing to do a screen sharing session? I'd like to see the problem first-hand and find out what makes your systems unique. Send me a message if you're willing to try this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

After re-installing 8.4.4 this morning on my MBP, the problem no longer exists for me. I'm not sure what didn't work in the initial install, but all is well again for me.

Rebooting, Re-downloading, and Reinstalling did not work for me.

When I try to shift-triple click a word in, say, KJVS, nothing happens. Regular triple click opens my strong's Greek dictionary.

I think we may have found the problem. I can get it to not work by having the Resource Palette hidden. For everyone that it is still not working for, does this fix/cause the problem? That is, does it only not work when the Resource Palette is hidden, and work again when it is visible? This is definitely a bug that will be fixed for the next release, but I'd like to see if there is anything else causing the problem too.

The Triple Click + Shift now works for me as long as the Resource Palette is visible. Thanks!

That solved it! But bummer dude, I was just getting used to living without the Resource Pallet.

We'll have the bug fixed by early next week, Joel just wanted to confirm that this was the issue, at least most of the time.

I really appreciate the triple click + shift feature, and have wanted this for a while. Quick question though, is there any possibility of enabling a shift + command feature which would allow a key number text to display dictionary information in the instant details box as opposed to the key number information? The key number information that comes up now is not very useful to me, but I really enjoy the command feature as it works for untagged texts. I almost considered buying a separate ESV that is not ESVS just so I can use the command key to bring up dictionary articles in the instant details box, but then I will lose the other benefits of having a tagged text. Any chance something like this could happen in a future update?

There just aren't enough keys on the keyboard, and some are reserved for Apple! Pressing shift freezes the Instant Details so that the text can be copied, so it cannot be used to modify the displayed contents.

However, we'll supply the code for the plain text at no additional charge, if you have the key number text and really want to have the English dictionary look-up available to you, other than in the Resource Palette.

Yes, for me also. The shift-triple click works when the resource pallet is visible and it doesn't when it's hidden. Good job, Joel. I also was happy with life without the resource pallet -- can't wait for the fix next week!

Archived