Linking particular texts to particular dictionaries

ypeyopi

I know that Accordance 8.4.4 has just implemented some more features regarding access to dictionaries. But as I understand it, those new access points still only refer to the paramount dictionary in the English tools. Is there any way I can set certain texts always to refer to a particular dictionary, while setting up another text always to refer to another particular dictionary? E.g., I could set a preference for the NRSV text which would always access ABD when prompted. At the same time, if I am reading the English text of Josephus and I wanted to look up a term, I could triple-click the term and the IVP Dictionary of New Testament Background would be automatically displayed. I guess it would be nice to choose which dictionary is the default dictionary for individual texts. If this kind of feature isn't available, it would be nice to see it incorporated in future versions.

This is not, as far as I'm aware, possible. We can specify which text each tool module uses for its Scripture hyperlinks, but the reverse is not possible. I think your suggestion has merit.

This is not, as far as I'm aware, possible. We can specify which text each tool module uses for its Scripture hyperlinks, but the reverse is not possible. I think your suggestion has merit.

I'd like to be able to tie the LXX to the LEH.

Archived