"WITHIN" search for paragraph?

mikes

Here's what I'd like to do:

=σάρξ <WITHIN 2 Paragraph> =πνεῦμα

I may just be exercising sloth here, but is there some way I can create a kind of "Within" command for paragraphs instead of words?

When I use a within command for 400 words and search within every paragraph I seem to get the effect of a within 1 paragraph (for a single paragraph at least)? For the fun of it, I tried changing <WITHIN 2 Words> to <WITHIN 2 Paragraphs> to no avail. Maybe I should just jump to a Greek construct that would solve my problem?

If you broaden the field to Chapter your search will work within 400 words, but is is slower, so be sure to change the field back when you are done. In other words, proximity is always measured by words, but the field can be expanded, and it makes no difference whether you use the construct window or define the search in the search window.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I'd like to do:

=σάρξ <WITHIN 2 Paragraph> =πνεῦμα

See my feature request in the appropriate sub-group here... If OnlineBible can do it (and quickly), I don't know why Accordance can't. :)

Online Bible's proximity operator is basically like Accordances [WITHIN] command, but is not limited to Words, it can also be Verses, Paragraphs, Chapters or Books. Much more versatile, and to me, more logical than the idea of always "x words" within some broader general grouping like Chapter/etc. If I want it within X units of my choice, why can't I just ask for it?

[WITHIN x Words], [WITHIN x Paragraphs], [WITHIN x Verses], [WITHIN x Chapters], [WITHIN x Books].

I concede that Books is probably not all that useful, but just because I don't think so doesn't mean that while extending the [WITHIN] feature you wouldn't take it to the full logical range available. ;)

Archived