[RANGE] won't use user-defined names

SteveP

I am a keyboard kind of person, so it would be great if the [RANGE] command would allow the use of user-defined ranges.

I would rather type: love <AND> [RANGE NT]

To search the new testament for 'love', and not have to touch my mouse.

Even better would be for commands that pre-populate with a ? to do auto-complete as you start typing. :) A drop down is great for mouse users, but I don't want to take my hands off the keyboard.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Steve

Try putting the name (or first few letters) in quotes.

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the tip. Just to confirm, and it does work....

love <AND> [RANGE NT]

I get an error that the book Nt can not be found.

love <AND> [RANGE "NT"]

Works as I would expect. A little extra tidbit to remember, but good to know it's "in there" already. :)

I appreciate that Accordance distinguishes user created ranges via quotation marks when using the RANGE command. This avoids limiting us in naming our ranges. For example, if Accordance didn't require quotation marks to distinguish a user created range from biblical book names, I wouldn't be able to use the RANGE command to reference a user created range named Matt-Mark or even simply Romans. Why would I want to create a range named after a biblical book or books? I don't know. But I can because Accordance uses quotation marks within the RANGE command to distinguish user created ranges from the titles of biblical books.

Archived