Resource Information

rcdeacon

How do I find out information regarding the resources I have at my disposal? For instance, I noticed a some significant differences in the printed text of my Minister's Bible (HCSB) and the HCSB that I have in Accordance. I did not know or know how to find out what edition I had in Accordance.

Normally I would suggest that you look at About the Text in the Accordance menu. However, in the case of the HCSB, we recently updated it with a new text from Broadman Holman (which we received in conjunction with the Strong's numbers). There was some discussion about it on the forum, and a blog by Rick Mansfield. It seems that the HCSB is undergoing a constant revision, and the exact new text that we have has not yet appeared in print.

...in the case of the HCSB, we recently updated it with a new text from Broadman Holman (which we received in conjucntion with the Strong's numbers).... It seems that the HCSB is undergoing a constant revision, and the exact new text that we have has not yet appeared in print.

Ah, the advantages of having an e-text!

Thank you very much. I know the Accordance text is different but that doesn't mean it is different in a bad way it just got me to thinking. I noticed the difference in Ephesians 1:3 in that long sentence that speaks about our inheritance in Christ and the printed version speaks about us being "His inheritance" in verse 11 and the Accordance version uses the phrase "received an inheritance". I saw the difference as being significant and was just wondering what edition of the HCSB text was in Accordance. Now I know that it is a newer text that is more "mature". Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Archived