Hebrew Definite Article vs. Interrogative

Tim Etherington

In Jonah 4:9 the word hetev gets parsed as def art + hif inf abs. The exact same word in 4:4 is parsed as interrogative + hif inf abs. This seems to me to be an error in the tag at 4:9.

What do you think?

Thank you for the chance to point out that this discrepancy is corrected in the 4.4 revision of the Westminster Morphology, which we have just released on Scholar's 6.9. In fact it is also corrected in earlier version of BHS-W4, so I think you must be looking at HMT-T or even HMT.

HMT-T which came with the scholar pack I bought.

Hey, while I have you on the line, which Hebrew Bible comes with the BHS accents? And, is there any way to get the ESV to NOT include the footnotes? Copy, paste, delete the references. It gets old.

Thanks!

Edit: Figured that out, the BHS-W4. Duh. Still interested in the ESV even thought that isn't an Original Language question! :)

If you copy the ESV using Copy As No Superscript in the Edit menu, the reference markers will be removed for you.

Thank you again Helen, I feel pretty stupid! I didn't see that "Copy As" till you mentioned it. **In my best Homer Simpson** Doh!

Archived