NT Text Criticism

Timothy Jenney

Never has text criticism been easier! Accordance's resources are unequaled in any other software package.

This week's podcast begins a two-part series on NT Text Criticism. Part one is introductory and targeted especially to those who use only English in their Bible study. It features reviews of NET & NET Notes and Comfort and Metzger's text commentaries, along with some practical tips on how to deal with text critical issues.

Part 2 (next week) will be for those with a working knowledge of Greek. It will feature the NA-27 apparatus found on Die Mac Studienbibel and the CNTTS apparatus.

Join us for these cutting-edge podcasts! :D

post-29215-127137470412_thumb.png

Never has text criticism been easier! Accordance's resources are unequaled in any other software package.

This week's podcast begins a two-part series on NT Text Criticism. Part one is introductory and targeted especially to those who use only English in their Bible study. It features reviews of NET & NET Notes and Comfort and Metzger's text commentaries, along with some practical tips on how to deal with text critical issues.

Part 2 (next week) will be for those with a working knowledge of Greek. It will feature the NA-27 apparatus found on Die Mac Studienbibel and the CNTTS apparatus.

Join us for these cutting-edge podcasts! :D

Truly, never has text criticism been easier.Here is the basic concept. I appreciate his mini-critiques of METZGERS TEXT COMMENTARY, NET NOTES, COMFORT TEXT COMMENTARY.

I look forward to these podcasts.

Part 2 is now posted. Dr. J has taken a very complex topic and made it seem simple.

This podcast demonstrates the use of apparatus modules and comparitive texts for the beginner in the field, and shows even the most advanced Greek scholar how to make the most of the CNTTS Apparatus. This module has been many years in development and now covers the entire NT with information from all the major and many minor witnesses. It is a must for every NT student and scholar.

Our textual studies tools are on sale until May 9th.

The second podcast is now up and I am really pleased with it, despite a misspelled word ("Washingtonensis") and a few slips of the tongue. My wife and daughter viewed both episodes, coming away with a new appreciation for their Bibles. Trust that will be your experience too, whatever translation you use.

I know that there are still sharp conflicts in some churches over the "correct" Bible translations. Let me encourage you to point people involved in these issues to these podcasts, as I have sought to provide accurate information without taking sides in the debate.

Many Blessings!

Awesome job! Just one question: What happened to the cool glasses? Lasik or contacts?

Great job, Dr. J. Congratulations!

Thanks so much, Ruben!

I confess to mining some of your more detailed blog posts for ideas and information.

Awesome job! Just one question: What happened to the cool glasses? Lasik or contacts?

Tony, OK, I'll confess...

I have had LASIK, but wound up still needing glasses for reading. However, I broke them just as I was about to record the video last week. Thankfully, the small teleprompter I use has enough magnification I could read the words anyway. I decided to leave the glasses off this week so both episodes in the series would have the same look.

Now, my wife and daughter say they like me without the glasses better! Anyone else have any strong opinions about this? B)

Dr J. As you started the online prayer meeting, I can only add, I shall pray about the specs or no specs decision! Sorry, I could not resist that one and I only hope it is not too frivolous for such a topic?

Blessings on us all,

Kevin.

Dr J. As you started the online prayer meeting, I can only add, I shall pray about the specs or no specs decision! Sorry, I could not resist that one and I only hope it is not too frivolous for such a topic?

Blessings on us all,

Kevin.

:-) OK, I deserved that!

Archived