Creating Concordance for Just One Book (or Range)

jkdoyle

I'm having trouble here. I have entered a search range in the GNT-T (* <AND> [Range Ephesians]), and I would like to create a concordance listing that only shows the references for Ephesians. However, what I get even when I select "Search Range Only" in the popup, is a list of where the Greek words that are found in Ephesians are also found in every other place in the NT. I would rather only see where these words appear in Ephesians. Is there a way to do this?

Doing a google search I found this blog entry over at Biblical Studies and Technological Tools. In it there are two example images of a concordance results in Accordance (an older version). This one is like what I would want as the results are limited to Jude, but my results look more like this second image (which lists all NT references).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jimmy

Nevermind...I figured out that I can do it by limiting the search range by adding a new range definition under "more options" rather than using the RANGE command.

However, it would sure be nice not to have to do it this way. ;-)

You are correct, the way you do a range makes a difference to COUNT searches, the graph display, and the concordance within a search range. Everwhere else it makes no difference whether you use the pop-up menu or the command.

Archived