Power Tips & Tweaks

Timothy Jenney

The latest podcast, "Power Tips & Tweaks," is up! This podcast covers three ways to make your study with Accordance more powerful: adding a reference when amplifying from a text to a tool, using contextual menus, and taking advantage of all those lovely "Copy as..." choices. Enjoy!

BTW, got some power tips or tweaks of your own? Post them here! We'll select them best of them and use them in a future podcast.

Dear Dr. J : Just watched this podcast and am unable to replicate your results with the contextual menu for search, Scripture reference will not pull up under "more options" in search tab automatically.

Went to preferences and "unchecked and re-checked Include reference...." , then saved ( Clicked ok ) , thinking this might help, alas, not so.

Any tips or should I call support in the A.M. ?

Thanks again,

Rusty+

The latest podcast, "Power Tips & Tweaks," is up! This podcast covers three ways to make your study with Accordance more powerful: adding a reference when amplifying from a text to a tool, using contextual menus, and taking advantage of all those lovely "Copy as..." choices. Enjoy!

BTW, got some power tips or tweaks of your own? Post them here! We'll select them best of them and use them in a future podcast.

Dear Dr. J : Just watched this podcast and am unable to replicate your results with the contextual menu for search, Scripture reference will not pull up under "more options" in search tab automatically.

Went to preferences and "unchecked and re-checked Include reference...." , then saved ( Clicked ok ) , thinking this might help, alas, not so.

Any tips or should I call support in the A.M. ?

Thanks again,

Rusty+

What specific example are you trying to hyperlink with the reference? Accordance only searches with the reference if it helps refine the search. If there is no specific article that also includes the reference, it will just search for the selected word. For example:

Triple-clicking on 'beginning' in Gen 1:1 the ESV goes to my Anchor, but with no scripture reference. However, triple-clicking 'God' in Gen 1:1 does find the article relating both to God and Gen 1:1 in Anchor.

Ahh,-(turning red here) thank you Joel.

R+

What specific example are you trying to hyperlink with the reference? Accordance only searches with the reference if it helps refine the search. If there is no specific article that also includes the reference, it will just search for the selected word. For example:

Triple-clicking on 'beginning' in Gen 1:1 the ESV goes to my Anchor, but with no scripture reference. However, triple-clicking 'God' in Gen 1:1 does find the article relating both to God and Gen 1:1 in Anchor.

Archived