Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

Currently when you have a note it is marked with a red dot. If you have two notes for the same verse it is marked with a triangle. If you have multiple note files but only one note for a particular verse there is no way to tell what file that note belongs to. For instance, I have two note files, "Bob's Notes" and "Sermon Notes". There are many times that I may have a sermon note but not a personal note. The red dot gives me no indication what note file is tied to that verse, so I was wondering if there is currently a way or if there was a way in a future upgrade to implement the ability to change the color of the dot in a multiple note file situation. This note marker color change is selected by the user to help in determining what type of note is tied to a particular verse. (leave the triangle as it is) This may have been discussed or requested and it is in no way a show stopper or deal buster but it would be nice!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

MacBook Pro

Yosemite

Accordance 11

#2 Don Adams

Don Adams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

…If you have multiple note files but only one note for a particular verse there is no way to tell what file that note belongs to. For instance, I have two note files, "Bob's Notes" and "Sermon Notes". There are many times that I may have a sermon note but not a personal note. The red dot gives me no indication what note file is tied to that verse, so I was wondering if there is currently a way or if there was a way in a future upgrade to implement the ability to change the color of the dot in a multiple note file situation. This note marker color change is selected by the user to help in determining what type of note is tied to a particular verse. (leave the triangle as it is) …

I like that suggestion! I have an eclectic note set with things that I have gleaned from sources outside of Accordance and a set with my own personal observations and comments. The ability to determine which set of notes that is attached without actually opening the note would be handy. Perhaps a solution would be to make the red dot act like the triangle. By that I mean that by selecting the dot it could give one a list just like the triangle does, only in this case it would be a list of one. This then would show the user which user note set is attached to the verse in question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users