Version 9.0

aircamperman

My Accordance 8.4.7 - update checker just showed a 9.0 version for download. The download is 8.4.7 though - hmmmmmmm.

Can we look forward to an update soon?

post-30429-128413248788_thumb.png

Yes, it will be very soon, getting everything updated on the website now so please check back next week. Please everyone be patient as there will be glitches.

The update won't show up again like that, until it's ready.

Since this thread is about version 9, and in the Tech Support section, I will describe an issue that I am having with v9. I just want it document so it can be addressed after the dust settles. When I click any button to set the text display as default, odd things happen. The most obvious problem is that all of the text in the sheet that contains the "Set Default..." button turns extra bold. Is is as if the text is being redrawn on top of existing text. Related to this is that when I set the default session from the preferences, all of the text from the left sidebar of the preferences vanishes as well as having the text of the current preference section emboldened. The attached screenshots say if better than I can describe it.

post-29745-128468027613_thumb.png

post-29745-128468029523_thumb.png

Similarly, if I turn off Zones (or rather, set it to just one zone allowed), and then do a "Search All", it seems to create a new tab, but doesn't cleanly switch to it, and you are left with a weird graphic display with a mix of some window widgets from the first tab and some from the search all. Toggling the tabs will eventually get it sorted out.

Yes, it will be very soon, getting everything updated on the website now so please check back next week. Please everyone be patient as there will be glitches.

The update won't show up again like that, until it's ready.

Hi, I already had version 8.4.7 -- and I thought that I was supposed to proceed directly to version 9. Is that correct?

Similarly, if I turn off Zones (or rather, set it to just one zone allowed), and then do a "Search All", it seems to create a new tab, but doesn't cleanly switch to it, and you are left with a weird graphic display with a mix of some window widgets from the first tab and some from the search all. Toggling the tabs will eventually get it sorted out.

Is there a "zones" setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or off in order to use that function? I'm not understanding exactly how to create zones within a workspace.

Is there a "zones" setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or off in order to use that function? I'm not understanding exactly how to create zones within a workspace.

Zones should default to on, but to check it, go to the Preferences -> General and you'll see a popup menu at the top to specify your default maximum number of zones.

If that number is set higher than 1, new resources should appear in new zones. For example, if you have a text open and triple-click to a dictionary or commentary, that will open in a new zone. It only won't if your workspace is too small, or that preference is set too low. At any time you can create your own zone setup by dragging a tab to an edge of the workspace window, where you'll see it will create a new zone.

Zones should default to on, but to check it, go to the Preferences -> General and you'll see a popup menu at the top to specify your default maximum number of zones.

If that number is set higher than 1, new resources should appear in new zones. For example, if you have a text open and triple-click to a dictionary or commentary, that will open in a new zone. It only won't if your workspace is too small, or that preference is set too low. At any time you can create your own zone setup by dragging a tab to an edge of the workspace window, where you'll see it will create a new zone.

I'm not getting that pop up menu. Looks like I still have v.8 preference options.

Are you sure you are running 9 at all? If you do Accordance menu -> About Accordance, what version does it say?

I'm not getting that pop up menu. Looks like I still have v.8 preference options.

Scratch that. Apparently the installer never completed the installation in the first. All done now. Thanks for the help.

Archived