Lectionaries, Prayerbooks and Resources

Fr. Rusty

I have been looking for, but cannot seem to find "Lectionaries and/or Prayerbooks" and the resources surrounding these wonderful works.

Are these available?

It would be nice to have the Book of Common Prayer ( all of them-smile ) the Bcp Lectionary as well as the Revised Common Lectionary, The Roman Lectionary, Orthodox and so forth.

I would also like the Roman "Liturgy of The Hours" , I think the Roman Sacramentary is available in the Catholic Module but I would have to go back and see.

The "Book of Divine Worship" would also be helpful if you have it or are planning to include it.

If these resources are available, could you direct me to them please?

If not, may I ask if there is thought of including these "type" of materials and surrounding resources?

Thanks so much.

( Helen, I know you are swamped right now, so this can wait a bit if others cannot inform me.)

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

There are a number of lectionaries which have been posted to the Exchange. Have you checked there?

No, did not think of that.

Do resources from there integrate "the same" as what comes from Accordance directly?

Is there any discussion of making these type of resources available as a module, say as a : Liturgical Module.

Thanks Helen, I know you are currently very busy, I look forward to seeing the things you are working on.

Rusty+

Do resources from there integrate "the same" as what comes from Accordance directly?

Is there any discussion of making these type of resources available as a module, say as a : Liturgical Module.

The lectionaries, etc. are all User Tools I believe. (I know that RCL ones are), so they integrate just as any other User Tool does.

At least some versions of the BCP are freely available online as HTML files, so it would be possible for someone to convert them into a User Tool, although a project so large is not for the faint of heart.

Another option if you can find pdf files or online resources is to create a User Tool with links to those files/websites. Not nearly as nice as having the full text in Accordance, but it is perhaps a start.

Lorinda

I have made an Accordance module of the Book of Common Prayer, 1979. I have made section headings for most everything but have done little to link the scriptures in the Daily Office or Lectionary.

I would be willing to share this effort with anyone desiring a copy.

Even though, it is an incomplete effort (minus the linking) I would submit it to the Exchange if it was considered worthwhile.

Alternatively, I would gladly send anyone a copy who wishes to have it.

• Like 1

How providential! I just posted on my blog a meditation on Psalm 40 that I concluded with a mention of the Litany in the BCP. http://bit.ly/2EA242

I am not Anglican but pray with prayer books. (BCP, Divine Hours, Paraclete Psalter).

Would love to see your work. How can I receive it?

Dr. Will Varner

ibexdr@yahoo.com

Greg: Count me in, I am very interested.

thanks.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

How providential! I just posted on my blog a meditation on Psalm 40 that I concluded with a mention of the Litany in the BCP. http://bit.ly/2EA242

I am not Anglican but pray with prayer books. (BCP, Divine Hours, Paraclete Psalter).

Would love to see your work. How can I receive it?

Dr. Will Varner

ibexdr@yahoo.com

The lectionaries, etc. are all User Tools I believe. (I know that RCL ones are), so they integrate just as any other User Tool does.

At least some versions of the BCP are freely available online as HTML files, so it would be possible for someone to convert them into a User Tool, although a project so large is not for the faint of heart.

Another option if you can find pdf files or online resources is to create a User Tool with links to those files/websites. Not nearly as nice as having the full text in Accordance, but it is perhaps a start.

Lorinda

Dear Lorinda: Thank you.

I am fairly new to Accordance, so I am not ashamed to admit to being quite-faint of heart-smile.

Thanks for the help.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

There are a number of lectionaries which have been posted to the Exchange. Have you checked there?

Are there instructions somewhere on how to download these files? I have never been able to install a downloaded exchange file. Stuffit says that it can't open these files because they are "application" files and I can't figure out how to download them as anything else. Thanks

Rich+

• 3 years later...

I have made my effort available at this address: BCP Files

It is mostly complete except for Scripture links in the lectionaries.

Edited by Greg Terry
  • Like 2

Testimonial: What Greg has offered is awesome!!! I've used it at least five times in the last week--once when I was out and about on iOS and asked to lead a prayer that was a collect! Thanks, Greg.

Abram,

I am delighted that you have found it useful. Blessings to you my friend!

• Like 1