Piper Installation Trouble

D.S.Moses Nickerson

After upgrading to version 9.0, I received the "Piper Manuscript" module in the mail. I think this bug may actually be with the CD, rather than 9.0; the installer keeps trying to run an update to version 8.05 of Accordance and therefore stalls the process of actually installing the modules. I would love to install if anyone has a work around, or knows where the modules are even stored now in 9.0; I can't seem to even find them.

After upgrading to version 9.0, I received the "Piper Manuscript" module in the mail. I think this bug may actually be with the CD, rather than 9.0; the installer keeps trying to run an update to version 8.05 of Accordance and therefore stalls the process of actually installing the modules. I would love to install if anyone has a work around, or knows where the modules are even stored now in 9.0; I can't seem to even find them.

A workaround may be to install version 8, then install your module, run Accordance8 to make sure it recognizes the module, then run Accordance9 and it should move the modules over for you. However, this is not tested, so you may want to be more paitent and wait for an official answer. Or, if you have TimeMachine and a good backup, then maybe you can be more adventurous. :)

I think the easiest thing to do would be to manually drag the Piper Sermons file to the appropriate folder and double-click on it to get Accordance to see it.

i certainly wouldn't install an older version of Accordance.

The Piper Sermons file should go in /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools

Steve is correct, version 9 is designed to recognize and incorporate an older CD-ROM installation. In fact it was specifically tested with Piper. However, you should NOT run the older version, install the CD and then run 9. The manual installation that Rick suggests is also possible, but we hope you don't need to go inside Application Support.

If 8.0.5 will not install have you restarted the Mac and tried again, and emtied the trash?

Archived