Wrong list of texts

Denes House

I just installed 10.4 - yay! I like the Widgets (and the Accordance Widget) already.

But the ESV is not a text that comes up in the Widget menu! What gives?

I have never heard of a text being available to Accordance and not appearing in the Widget menu. If it is an old text the widget cannot access it. That is dealt with in this topic.

The ESV is a brand-new translation (ca. 2001, I think). Here's a screenshot of the Widget menu...

post-43-1125965788.jpg

The ESV is a brand-new translation (ca. 2001, I think). Here's a screenshot of the Widget menu...

Have you restarted or clicked the Update button since installing the ESV? The widget checks with Accordance for the list of translations at those times (upon initial load, and whenever you force it by clicking the Update button).

The ESV is not a newly-installed text for me. Here is the sequence of events:

1. I backed up the entire HD on my iBook to an external HD

2. I erased the iBook HD, and installed 10.4 (yay!)

3. From the external HD, I copied Accordance over to the iBook HD, into the Applications folder.

4. I started up Accordance, saw that I had all of my modules there, but the Greek and Hebrew were garbled, just as I expected.

5. I went to the Accordance site, downloaded the updater to 6.7 and the Widget, installed them

6. Accordance now looks amazing (go, Quartz smoothing!) and the Widget looks great, but the menu in the Widget contains a mess of texts that I don't own, and is missing the one text that I do own, and use the most often, the ESV.

7. I have since restarted the iBook, and hit update on the Widget many times, with Accordance open or closed, with the same result - no ESV, plus a ton of texts that I do not own.

Not sure exactly what your problem is, but I think it has to do with a corrupt .plist. Its able to get the translations from Accordance, but can't write them to the preference file.

Naviage to User Folder/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file called widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist

Hope this helps.

I just spoke to Denes and we fixed the problem by discarding the widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist as noted in the Widget read me. However, the source of the long list of texts which he has never owned remains a complete mystery!

• 4 months later...

Just for the record, the exactly same thing happened to me as the original poster. I reinstalled OS X on my iMac, copied back the Accordance folder that I had copied before. Widget showed a long list of texts I do not own, and the problem was fixed by trashing the widget preference.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

Since I switched to MAC and use Accordance, I love it. However, I also noticed that when I updated to 4.4, the widget does not start properly. It asks me for the NIV. Unfortunately I do not have that version "yet." In the mean time, what do I do to fix it?

Thank you.

Look at the tips in the Widget Read Me on the desktop: basically you can try reloading the widget but you may need to discard the pList.

Archived