Startup Beachball since 9.0.1 and 9.0.2

ChristianB

Since the latest updates 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 I get a beachball for a couple of seconds on the first start. I tried with setting it to default search window. Same thing. Also reparing permissions didn't help.

Are you saying that after the beachball all goes well? So it is just a short delay on startup?

There was a major rewrite of the underflying code for 9, and we will release updates with bug fixes frequently until we have squashed them all.

Are you saying that after the beachball all goes well? So it is just a short delay on startup?

I am not the original poster but I can confirm that my Accordance also starts with the beachball for a few seconds and then everything is fine.

Bob

Are you saying that after the beachball all goes well? So it is just a short delay on startup?…

Yes.

With the prerelease version 9 everything was fine on startup … and really really fast. Now with the beachball its back to version 8 speed …

I guess its even slower. Not fun.

I am not the original poster but I can confirm that my Accordance also starts with the beachball for a few seconds and then everything is fine.

Bob

Just wondering, do you have the widget running?

R+

Just wondering, do you have the widget running?

R+

No. The widget is broken! I am not using it but I do need it!

No. The widget is broken! I am not using it but I do need it!

Just wondered, I didn't have any issues until I clicked on the widget, then Accordance crashed, Dashboard became unstable.

Hard reboot cleared everything, but Widget certainly is an issue, just wondering if it could be a culprit in certain areas.

Blessings,

Rusty+

I did discover this morning that my last session (which my preferences is set to open to) had 5 workspaces. So each time at startup Accordance had to load all these workspaces. I closed the other sessions with only one open and closed Accordance. Upon the next startup NO beachball. The startup was almost instantaneous. Just thought I would pass this info on.

Bob

I did discover this morning that my last session (which my preferences is set to open to) had 5 workspaces. So each time at startup Accordance had to load all these workspaces. I closed the other sessions with only one open and closed Accordance. Upon the next startup NO beachball. The startup was almost instantaneous. Just thought I would pass this info on.

Bob

Doesn't work for me. ;( Is it the same after you shut down your computer and then start of accordance for the first time? Thats when the beachball appears in my case

Doesn't work for me. ;( Is it the same after you shut down your computer and then start of accordance for the first time? Thats when the beachball appears in my case

I haven't tried that. I'll try that later and repost.

Bob

I am having a similar problem with beach balls, but as you say it is only on the first launch after I reboot. Any other time it opens in just a few seconds.

Same situation. Accordance 9.0.2, Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 8GB i7 MB Pro. First startup beachballed (worse than version 8), after that everythings fine.

After the beachball start, then Accordance starts up after 6 bounces. After bounce number 6, workspace loads.

No crashes though

Its still kind of the same with 9.0.3 … It takes 4 dots (Dock Icon) to start (1 with 9.0.0) … then if I enter something into the searchwindow almost 10 seconds beachball. All this refers to the first use after reboot. After that everything is fine.

Nothing new with 9, but we have several time found that it is a corruption in a Preference file such as Tools. If you rename that file in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences, Accordance will recreate it from the master set. If that doesn't help, restore the old one and try the Texts file.

Nothing new with 9, but we have several time found that it is a corruption in a Preference file such as Tools. If you rename that file in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences, Accordance will recreate it from the master set. If that doesn't help, restore the old one and try the Texts file.

I tried thatone

Archived