New Accordance User - Need Suggestions

Biggzipp

Hey guys,

I've been looking at Accordance for a while now and am planning to buy it with some Christmas money, and I wanted some suggestions before I start pouring out the cash. My main interest is in language study, but I'd like a little commentary support simply so I can do a lot of my study portably without having to lug around a hundred books with me. So what does everyone suggest I get?

Secondly, is UBS 4 available on Acc.? I'm not sure because if it is it isn't labeled UBS 4 directly.

Also when the website lists what comes with the Accordance core bundle, some of the items simply have a * and some of them have price tags. I now this might sound stupid, but does everything listed come with the core bundle, or do the items with price tags need unlocking at the listed price?

Also, I'm running the latest version of Tiger on my Powerbook, is there anything special I need to know about installing Accordance on that version of OS X?

I think this covers what I'm wondering about, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ben

Hey guys,

I've been looking at Accordance for a while now and am planning to buy it with some Christmas money, and I wanted some suggestions before I start pouring out the cash. My main interest is in language study, but I'd like a little commentary support simply so I can do a lot of my study portably without having to lug around a hundred books with me. So what does everyone suggest I get?

I will let others advise you, but I can tell you that currently the commentaries are mainly on the Library 6, Essential IVP, Eerdmans Reference, Zondervan Reference, and Zondervan Essential CD-ROMs and each one is listed here.

Secondly, is UBS 4 available on Acc.? I'm not sure because if it is it isn't labeled UBS 4 directly.
The NA27 is almost identical to the UBS 4 and is the basis of the GNT-T text.
Also when the website lists what comes with the Accordance core bundle, some of the items simply have a * and some of them have price tags. I now this might sound stupid, but does everything listed come with the core bundle, or do the items with price tags need unlocking at the listed price?

Everything on the list that says these modules are included, is in fact included in the price of the package. The second list of modules available for unlocking are on the CD-ROM but not included in the price. A price beside a module means it can be unlocked individually, an asterisk means it is part of a package. Clicking on the module will show you lists of packages in which it is included or from which it can be unlocked.

Sorry for the complexity, it is intended to give you maximum flexibility, but it does get complicated.

Also, I'm running the latest version of Tiger on my Powerbook, is there anything special I need to know about installing Accordance on that version of OS X?

I think this covers what I'm wondering about, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ben

You should have no problems installing Accordance on your Mac, but font issues can arise when older CD-ROMs are installed, and if necessary you can run the Font Fixer utility to correct them.

I hope this helps to get you started.

Ben,

I am pretty new to Accordance as well. Depending on how much you would like to spend I would recommend the following to at least get started (what I ended up purchasing):

- Scholar's Collection 6.9

- Essential IVP Reference Library

- Tagged Greek LXX

You may also want another English translation.

Jeremy

I would add to that the BDAG Greek-English Lexicon. That is the Greek tool I use most often. The tagged LXX is a necessity for language study as well. You would probably benefit from KB-HALOT Hebrew Lexicon as well. I only have the included Hebrew tools with my copy, and find that they are not sufficient for in-depth study. I am planning to buy KB next month.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Robb Brunansky

Archived