Hebrew construct of verb-subject pair

bcordoba

I am trying to setup a hebrew construct and my knowledge of grammar and Accordance is stretched.

My goal is to find the list and count of each subject for the word shamar. I set up a Hebrew construct tieed to a BHS based search window with the range of the search set to the proper books. In my Hebrew construct page I placed Lex shamar in first colomn as a verb, second column has Lex = * as a noun, above the two columns I have within 2 (to allow more finds since alef-tav occurs a number of times).

I find results of course but I have two limitations that I see:

- First I could not find a "subject" tag. I think those might be available in the new grammatical syntax add-on the BHS, right?

- Second widening the range of "within" allowed to find the words that were after alef-tav but I evidently must also include words that are not the subject of shamar.

As far as the result output, I click on the analysis bar and get the analysis tab which gives me the word, root word, english translation and count. This result suits me but if someone knows of any improvements, in light of my goal, please let me know.

I attached a screen capture of my hebrew construct for clarity.

Any help in refining my search are appreciated. I am trying to stretch my legs on Accordance and need some help...

Benoît

P.S. I just watched James Tucker's intro to syntax module and it looks like I will indeed have to get the Syntax add-on to BHS to search for subjects. :) cool! I get to justify one of my "wishlist" items.

post-17857-060339300 1287550168_thumb.png

Archived