Installing Scholarly Suite

kevinplarson

I just read another thread about someone wanting to install the Word Biblical Commentary. I think my question is similar:

I am running accordance 9. I don't want to install an older version of accordance over it.

Can you tell me as soon as you can exactly what steps to follow to install all the Zondervan Scholarly stuff and not mess with my current set up and version of Accordance?

Thanks.

The options are the same as i explained in that other post. They are also explained in the Help for 9, and in Notes on 9. You can run the installer on the disk, NOT run the old version of Accordance that it installs. Then run 9 and it should take care of things. The only thing that might get messed up is the fonts, and FontFixer will take care of that.

Or you can manually install your modules, but in the case of Zondervan Scholarly that's a lot of modules.

Helen, I just did not understand your instructions.

Kevin:

Run the installer on the Zondervan disk and let it complete the installation.

DO NOT run the version of Accordance that it installs. Make sure you run the new version 9. The new version should be in the Applications folder but NOT in a folder inside the Applications folder - that is the old version that you do not want to run.

Accordance will transfer the new installed Zondervan files to the correct new location the next time you run version 9.

Should you notice any weirdness with Greek or Hebrew fonts, download the Font Fixer program from the Accordance website and run it to fix the fonts.

Font fixer is located at http://www.accordancefiles1.com/products/fontfix8.dmg

Hope that helps!

I just did everything, and it's asking for my EBC code. I have my registration code for Acc 9 and it doesn't work. Can somebody message me my code? I don't want to do all that again. I have no idea what the code is, and I'm not at home with my papers (if I could find them).

i think that might be one i have to unlock... i guess EBC and NIDNTT and NIDOTTE aren't included, right?

Correct, those are separate unlocks, not included in the base Zondervan packages.

when i didn't have those codes, it basically brought me back to the main screen again, so now it's installing again, and i just checked standard. hopefully i'm not installing it all twice on my hard drive...

Well I did this and launched Accordance 9. I don't know where the modules are in the library window. All I can find is "Wallace Greek."

Archived