LaunchBar Scripts

ChristianB

Here are updated versions the scripts I use. You can download the Zip file and than move the scripts (and corresponding .plist files)* to ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Actions

1) "Accordance Display" shows scriptures in large type on your screen. I works best with single verses or a short passage. If its to much text to display it will be shortened.

2) "Accordance Verses" will open scriptures inside the application.

3) "Accordance Words" will search for words inside the application.

Both "Accordance Verses" and "Accordance Words" contain UI Scripting which can be buggy at times.

For both "Accordance Display" and "Accordance Verses" I made an English and a German version. The main difference is that in the German version book names are converted into s.th. Accordance understands. The German version of "Accordance Display" also uses the Elberfelder translation. You can of course edit the scripts to fit your needs.

Download link: http://cl.ly/IMku (Updated 2012-07-27 to work better with Mountain Lion)

* There also .plist files for every script to let the action run in background.

Edited by ChristianB

• 1 year later...

Is there a quick way to get these to work with Alfred.app?

If you have the paid version of Alfred.app you can run an AppleScript from Alfred. There are other applications that can facilitate the automation of an AppleScript. For example, you can load an AppleScript source code into Automator and assign it a keyboard shortcut via System Preferences. Other options may be Launchbar, Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys, and/or Quicksilver (just be aware that QuicKeys and Quicksilver are incompatible apps and will cause unexpected results should both apps be running at the same time).

I believe you can find the instructions on Alfred.app website.

Edited by James Tucker

• 4 months later...

Is there a quick way to get these to work with Alfred.app?

It shouldn't be hard to tweak the scripts for looking up words and verses.

The key part is the "on handle_string" section. In Alfred language that seems to be "on alfred_script".

Alfreds Applescript suite doesn't support large type yet. So the display in large type won't work.

You can watch this discussion to stay uptodate on that matter:

https://getsatisfaction.com/alfredapp/topics/using_applescript_to_open_any_text_in_large_type

I finally had a chance to sit down and try this, and I couldn't get any of them to work. Seems like they launch Accordance just fine, but don't actually input the text.

Thanks for taking a stab at it though!

~Rick S.

Bummer I can't try it myself. I don't have the powerpack …

Maybe David Ferguson @jdfwarrior can help you out. He seems to be an Alfred genius.

Edited by ChristianB

• 1 year later...

I've converted some of these into the new LaunchBar 6 action format with a nice icon and such. Let me know if anyone is interested.

yes please!

I've converted some of these into the new LaunchBar 6 action format with a nice icon and such. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Yes, would be very interested in those!

Here you go. Let me know if you encounter issues.

Download here: http://cl.ly/3N3g3Q2X453U

Cheers, Christian

(These are english only. If you need something for German let me know.)

Edited by ChristianB

Thanks, they work like a charm!

Do you install them in the same fashion?

@Ken No, its much easier. Just double click the .lbaction files and they are automatically installed in (copied to) ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Actions

Thank @Christian! Worked like a charm

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to associate one of those actions with the App you can addd this string to the info.plist of the action.

<key>LBAssociatedApplication</key>
<string>com.OakTree.Accordance</string>

This way if you select Accordance in LaunchBar press the spacebar you can enter a word or a scripture and look it up in Accordance or display it in large type … depending on which action you associate with the app.

Edited by ChristianB

• 4 years later...

Hey ChristianB!

Thanks for these! I am trying to get them working on Mojave and I am getting the following error. Any ideas of what I need to do?

Love Launchbar and would love to get your integration working.

Bodie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7hmzalynow1ebi/Screen%20Shot%202018-10-15%20at%209.18.13%20AM.png?dl=0

Edited by Bodie Quirk

Unfortunately I can't run Mojave on my machine. Maybe some problem with permissions? 

Hey ChristianB!

Thanks for these! I am trying to get them working on Mojave and I am getting the following error. Any ideas of what I need to do?

Love Launchbar and would love to get your integration working.

Bodie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7hmzalynow1ebi/Screen%20Shot%202018-10-15%20at%209.18.13%20AM.png?dl=0

That's not a permissions error.

However you are invoking the script through launchbar, it is 'running' the script, which means it is looking for the run() handler (or commands in the base line of the script which is an implied run() handler). But the scripts I see in this package do not have run() handlers. They have like handle_string() handlers that are supposed to get called instead.

I don't have LB installed, and it's been SO long since I looked at LB docs, so can't say more about it, but maybe they aren't installed properly for LB to call the handle_string() handler?

This is where I wish I knew code better! Ha ha. Thanks for the responses. Love know if there was a way to update these!

Hhm. The actions/scripts still work for me on High Sierra and Accordance 12. It actually doesn't matter if you hit run or press space … in both cases LauchBar will ask for an entry. 

This is how the settings should look like in LaunchBars Action Editor: https://d.pr/free/i/xDRR76

Christian,

Thanks for posting this screenshot! When I launched the Action Editor "Run in Background" and "Accepts String Arguments" were not checked, just "Requires Argument" was selected. So after matching those checkboxes, they seemed to work at first. I did not get the previous error, but I got this one: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9ebzqq8mop95zj/Screen%20Shot%202018-10-16%20at%202.17.37%20PM.png?dl=0

Any ideas on why those are trying to launch Evernote?

That's weird. Can you make a screenshot of the actual applescript inside the action?

Well, for whatever reason, these work great on my Mac at home (running Mojave). Yay!

I will try them next week at work and see if the error persists. These are so cool, thanks for putting the work into them!

• 2 years later...

While updating my LaunchBar GitHub repository I also added updated actions for Accordance along with previews and download links. Some of them are still based on the good old AppleScripts by Joe Weaks with some fixes. Others are using URL schemes now.   

BTW: Does anybody know if there is a URL scheme for flex search?

• Like 2